Malawi national football team Coach, Ronny van Geneugden (RVG), has reportedly allowed Nyasa Big Bullets’ players to join the Flames’ camp training a week late.
The Flames coach has softened up following Bullets’ reluctance to release their players to the national team before their Airtel Top 8 quarter-final second-leg match against Moyale Barracks at Mzuzu Stadium on Saturday.
The Flames Team Manager, James Sangala, said the coaching panel understands Bullets’ situation; hence, the players would be allowed to join camp training next week.
The Flames are preparing for the Cosafa Castle Cup scheduled for South Africa from May 27 to June 9.
“We discussed the matter at length and we thought it wise to allow Bullets to keep their players. Afterall, they will still be training with their club. They will join us on Sunday after their assignment in Mzuzu,” Sangala said.
Bullets, who beat Moyale 1-0 in the first-leg, have contributed to the Flames goalkeepers Ernest Kakhobwe, Rabson Chiyenda, defenders John Lanjesi, Miracle Gabeya, midfielder Mike Mkwate, strikers Patrick Phiri and Chiukepo Msowoya.
It is unclear if Wanderers, who have also contributed eight players to the Flames, have released their footballers, ahead of Sunday’s Airtel quarter-final second-leg match against Kamuzu Barracks at Balaka Stadium.
Meanwhile, Portugal-based forward Richard Mbulu arrived in the country last week and he has since joined the Flames’ camp.
However, Mozambique-based John Banda and Chawanangwa Kawonga will join camp next week.
Sangala said Zambia’s Lusaka Dynamos midfielder, Dalitso Sailesi, will also join the squad next week.
Forward Robin Ngalande, who plays for Baroka FC in South Africa, is expected to join camp tomorrow.
The Flames are in group B alongside Angola, Mauritius and Botswana in the Cosafa Castle Cup scheduled to place in Polokwane.